Natural, organic hair care is a totally different approach to obtaining beautiful, healthy locks! Synthetic shampoos strip the hair and can even contribute to substantial hair loss over time. Practicing the Zenabelle Hair Cleansing Method will help your hair become strong, healthy, shiny, and beautiful.
Natural, organic hair care is a totally different approach to obtaining beautiful, healthy locks! Synthetic shampoos strip the hair and can even contribute to substantial hair loss over time. Synthetic conditioners coat the hair with heavy silicones and waxes that cause hair to become dry and brittle while making the scalp oily and flaky. Natural, organic shampoos and conditioners gently cleanse the scalp and help to encourage healthy hair growth.
Practicing the Zenabelle Hair Cleansing Method will help your hair become strong, healthy, shiny, and beautiful. Follow the directions carefully, remain consistent to the method and within a short period of time your hair will most certainly thank you!
1. STOP WASHING YOUR HAIR!!! Discard any synthetic shampoos that contain sulfates, parabens, silicones or synthetic waxes (or use them as car wash)! Carefully select a natural shampoo that addresses the condition of the scalp only. We recommend Saavy's Balancing Shampoo, 100% Pure's Burdock & Neem Shampoo or Yarok’s “Feed your Volume” Shampoo
2. Take an empty bottle (12 oz. to 16 oz.) and fill half way with warm water. Add a small amount of shampoo (about one teaspoon) to the water and gently shake to create a gentle scalp cleanser.
3. Thoroughly wet hair and distribute half of the solution over the scalp. Massage the scalp, rinse the solution through the hair and repeat a second time.
4. Rinse the bottle and fill about a third of the way with warm water. Put a dime size of conditioner in the water and shake well until it is mixed thoroughly.
5. Run the solution over the ends of the hair only and allow the solution to remain on the hair for no longer than one minute (this allows the conditioner to acidify which seals the cuticle of the hair).
6. Rinse the hair and gently remove tangles with a wide tooth wood comb (wood combs help to prevent damage). We recommend WIDU Wood Combs.
7. Wrap hair in a pillow case (not a towel) and keep wrapped for 5 to 10 minutes. Try to style the hair with minimal heat processing.
8. Do NOT use styling products (gel, mousse, or hairspray) on the hair for the first 10 to 14 days. This is the “DETOX PERIOD” that will allow all of the buildup of chemicals to leach out of the hair without stripping the precious natural oils from the hair and scalp. During this time - BE PATIENT!!! Your hair may experience a few "bad hair days" it is perfectly normal.
9. If after the “Detox” period your hair requires a styling aid use only products that do not contain dimethicone, trimethicone, cyclomethicone or synthetic waxes. Look for healthy, nourishing styling products that encourage hair growth. We recommend “Feed your Youth” Hair Serum for a weekly scalp treatment. We also like the styling aids by Yarok.
10. Start a weekly ritual with a gentle scalp massaging brush – We love Widu Brushes. Gently brush the scalp for five to ten minutes once or twice a week to encourage circulation of blood flow to the scalp.
Be consistent and your hair will reward you with soft, shiny locks that not look amazing but are truly healthy and gorgeous!